- Established a new design team and design language across multiple brands and technologies
- Developed a mobile design system for React Native with two successful production apps shipped to date
- Led development of a shared GraphQL platform and schema for the front-end
- Developed a new web design system as the cornerstone of a unified React front-end platform
- Led a dedicated design system team that supports multiple product delivery streams
Atlassian Design System
Over three years, we led some of the most challenging aspects of developing Atlassian’s Atlaskit Design System (opens in new window).
Our contributions included complex components like Navigation and Selects, as well as platform infrastructure for managing documentation, examples, and releases – including significant work on monorepo and build tooling to support the growth of the developer team from 10 to 100.
Unified design & development in practice & docs
We led the effort to establish closer working practices between the Design Platform team and other Product Teams across Atlassian, including unifying the content of the Design Guidelines and Atlaskit websites under a central Information Architecture & Content Management System.
With millions of lines of front-end code and hundreds of developers committing to Jira daily, consistent architecture and code quality are a challenge to manage. Thinkmill played a leading role in establishing Jira’s org-wide standards for React Architecture, and formed a core part of the team that transitioned Jira from hundreds of individual apps into a unified, performant Single Page App.