- Helped with the design and delivery of Breville’s first connected product mobile app
- Co-designed the product experience with Breville’s Global UX Design Team and hardware partner
- Solved difficult Bluetooth user experience challenges through close design and engineering collaboration
- Engineered complex native connectors to communicate with low-level hardware
- Empowered chefs around the world to replace tedious manual and error-prone processes with automated ones
Sync over Bluetooth
Chefs are able to stream cooking records from Breville’s HydroPro Plus appliances to the companion app over Bluetooth. PolyScience HACCP Manager (App Store)
Powerful search and filtering
We implemented user-friendly aggregation search and filter tools that make it easy to find data both widely and deeply. Users can search by food name, date range, restaurant, supplier, chef, or by whether records have been previously downloaded.
An app for multilingual marketplaces
Chefs from different language backgrounds are able to work together with user configurable options for app-wide wide translation into English, Spanish, German, and French.
Automated HACCP-compliant PDF generation to remove manual record keeping
Commercial chefs need to keep a detailed account of their cooking practices in order to comply with HACCP regulations. Before the app they were encumbered with repetitive manual tasks and large paper trails. The app provided users with the ability to download human-readable records for filing or sharing on demand.